Rachel is passionate about, and has been involved in education for the event industry for the past nine years and is conversant with both designing and delivering courses or modules covering a wide spectrum of event disciplines.
Educational credentials include:
- Permanent part-time lecturer at Westminster University, teaching the practical event management module for Undergraduate and Post Graduate students.
- Visiting Lecturer at University of Surrey
- Guest Lecturer at Solent University
- Course creation of the Congress Management Module for UFI’s Exhibition Management Degree, including teaching in Bangkok, Dubai and Istanbul
- Visiting Lecturer for Berufsacademie, Ravensburg, Germany
- Course creation and delivery of Events In Action; one day educational forEventia (the UK’s Trade Association for the Event Industry now EVCOM)
- Senior Tutor and Director of Learning for Event Business Academy
Rachel is also a member of AEME (Association of Event Management Educators) and as a Board Member, is Chair of the Professional Development Committee for EVCOM.
The skills of lecturer Rachel in engaging the audience is absolutely outstanding. Rachel is the best tutor we could ever have. She is inspiring and was the only tutor that actually showed us the real industry through her experience. Do not let her go. She found the way to teach us through entertaining us. This module was even better than watching a movie. Her experience is extremely valuable to students.
MA Student, University of Westminster
Our huge thanks to you… for partnering us at the outset, for clearly preparing so thoroughly, for delivering animated and interactive classes (just what we were looking for) and of course for letting us pat our own bottoms in public. Most of all, thank you for putting your reputation on the line with us – I hope we were an ‘Oxford punt’ worth taking (ha ha).
Managing Director, EBA